Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Gearing up for the activities of 2008

This year is going to be eventful and full of adventurous activities. Nicholas and I are registered for the SLC marathon happening in April. McKay and Hilary also signed up and we are hoping for a few more family members to come in and join maybe doing the half marathon instead of the full. We also have the Deseret News Marathon up East canyon which we are hoping will qualify us for the Boston Marathon, but if not we always have the St. George Marathon in October that we have already ran so we know what we are up against. We are hoping to get a relay race in there maybe the Wasatch Back. Nicholas already did this one with Taylor but I want to do it too. We need 10 more team members so if you are interested let us know. The training alone takes up a good majority of our time. In an average week we are running anywhere from 28-40 miles. With the ocassional blister or sore knee we still think that it is worth it and believe it or not, fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chewing your fingernails - that makes me smile as i recall that little problem from jr. high.

just reading all of your events in the coming year is making me tired!

Rebecca and Nick Ballstaedt said...

Nichola's sister (her name is Rebekah to) laughed at me for commenting on my own blog. It is just my dorky style though and if you can't laugh at yourself........
I can't kick the habit.

Music To Make You Happy :)