Saturday, December 29, 2007

Welcome to our world

Nicholas and I are starting out this new year with a new pack member. Her name is Koda and she is a black lab mix. She is six weeks old and cute as a button. Nicholas is equally as cute because he surprised me Christmas Eve with Koda. He was very sneaky about it too. He left early Christmas morning, he said "to go run errands" it ended up that he was picking up the newest member to our little family. Who said that Nicholas wasn't good at surprises? (Oh I did) He proved me wrong.


We had a wonderful relaxing Christmas break. Nicholas is out of school right now and has started some projects around the house like tiling the bathroom downstairs. He is a regular handy man and impresses me every time he finishes a project. He is working up at ARUP the blood services lab while he goes through school to become an accountant. He will be done in about 2 years if he holds to the path that he has laid out. I am still working with Total Health and Fitness going on over 2 years now and love it. I have taken some time off during this Christmas break to spend more time with Nicholas before life commences to the normal hustle bustle of work and school and other activities. It has been a blast. I don't think that we ever stop laughing. If Nicholas were in school this is what he would look like studying hard and being diligent with his school work. Isn't he handsome?


Over the break we have done many fun activities many with family. McKay, Hilary, Nicholas, and myself all went snow shoeing Christmas morning and wore our selves out for the rest of the day. We took Ballstaedt family pictures later that day and I am proud to say that I am finally on the Ballstaedt family hallway wall of fame. It is official I am proud to announce that I am now really part of the family. Exciting I know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys really have a lot of fun together. You look so happy! I'm happy for you!

Rebecca and Nick Ballstaedt said...

We are rarely serious and I have never met anyone who could make me laugh as much as he can.

Music To Make You Happy :)